Fashion accessories change with the wind, but scarves seem to be the one accessory that people never get tired of. Belts, handbags and head wear come and go, but you will find your share of stylish and colorful scarves around the neck of many women, and not just in the winter months. Credit can be given to fashion designers that are always trying out new styles and adorning too-thin runway models with the same. Pretty celebrities like Jessica Alba, Kate Moss and Katie Holmes take to scarves too, wearing them around town, on the stage and even at popular social events. The fashionista within you can match the starlets with an assortment of neckwear from the top designers.
1. Kate Spade – She was born in Missouri, but took to New York shorty after graduating from college in Arizona. Her “Kate Spade New York” design collection includes necklaces, handbags and iPhone cases, but it is her bright and colorful scarves that must not be missed. Sarah Jessica Parker is a personal fan of Kate’s collection including her elegantly designed scarves.
2. Kelly Wearstler — Born in South Carolina, the one-time Playmate of the Month decided to take her talents to another level. For years, Kelly was a top interior designer but launched her personal line of fashion items in 2011. Originally, Bergdorf Goodman sold her collection of ready to wear items, jewelry and handbags, but these days Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus are retailing her goods including her wood grain and print scarves. At a recent fundraiser in Los Angeles, none other than Food Network’s Giada de Laurentiis was seen wearing a Wearstler.
3. Diane von Furstenberg – New York Fashion Week is Diane von Furstenberg and it was in 2004 that the Belgian fashion queen launched her DVF by H. Stern line of beachwear, scarves and jewelry. This year, the DVF line features colorful cashmere print scarves with matching leather gloves. Who wears DVF? Perhaps the question should be, who doesn’t? Celebs such as LeAnn Rimes, Madonna and Beyonce have taken to her neckwear in the past and most likely will be DVF fashionistas again this year.
4. Michael Kors – When it comes to classical American sportswear for women, few can match Michael Kors. The native New Yorker is a Fashion Institute of Technology grad and quickly made himself known in the early 80s by launching his womenswear collection. Over the past three decades, his threads have graced the bodies of Hollywood’s finest including Gwyneth Paltrow, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Cate Blanchett and Jennifer Garner. His scarves include faux fur, acrylic mix and silk. But, it may be his print maxi dress scarf that is the most eye-catching of all. A model with a close resemblance to Miley Cyrus was seen showing off his latest styles this past spring.
5. Tory Burch — Born in Valley, Pennsylvania, the University of Pennsylvania Tory Robinson Burch is best known for her Boheminian chic accessories. Her company produces tunics, children’s swimmer, cardigans and caftans as well as handbags, shoes, sunglasses and scarves. Because of her strong philanthropical bent, her collection is often worn by the civic-minded including Caroline Kennedy. Burch’s scarves include color wool prints, elegant jacquard and silk chiffon. Her extensive travels overseas are reflected in many of her design, some with a distinctive Indian or Middle Eastern edge.
So, go shopping for one, two or three scarves this fall and make sure that you put neckwear on your holiday shopping list. This Christmas, it is all about bringing the fashionista within to a level not seen before, something a collection of colorful scarves can bring to the forefront.
Fab Sugar: Celebrity Accessory Report — Winter-Luxe Scarves — http://www.fabsugar.com/Celebrities-Wearing-Cute-Scarves-2012-21409843
James Scaggs is the Director of Marketing for ecommerce retail sites Ties.com and Scarves.com, based in Orange County California. Check out Scarves.com for a huge selection of winter scarves, pashminas, knit scarves, loop scarves, and more!